A new edition of the SIRGAS Symposium will take place from November 29 to December 1, 2021. The main goal of the 2021 SIRGAS Symposium is to convene the geodetic community of the Americas and the Caribbean to exchange experiences and progress, as well as discuss new projects related to the implementation, maintenance, and use of the geodetic reference infrastructure in the region.
Due to the CoVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 SIRGAS Symposium will be held virtually through the Zoom platform. The event will be free of charge with English and Spanish simultaneous translation.
Although the SIRGAS Symposiums are mainly attended by National Representatives, members of the Working Groups and projects, these events are open to the entire international geodetic community, and therefore we cordially invite:
- Representatives of regional organizations involved in the publication of geospatial information and Earth observations;
- Representatives of national institutions responsible for the definition of geodetic reference frames;
- Representatives of public and private agencies that use geodetic and geophysical information;
- Representatives of universities and research centers on topics related to geodesy and geophysics; and
- Scientists, professionals, technicians and students whose activities and research are related to SIRGAS.
The activities of the SIRGAS 2021 Symposium will be carried out in 5 sessions of 2 hours each:
- November 29 – Report of the SIRGAS authorities: President of SIRGAS, Presidents of the SIRGAS Working Groups and update of the GRFA of UN-GGIM: Americas;
- November 29 – Development and maintenance of the SIRGAS reference frame;
- November 30 – Modeling of the Earth’s gravity field (geoid, gravimetry, international reference system of heights);
- November 30 – Applications of the SIRGAS reference frame (national reports, real-time applications, etc.); Y
- December 1 – SIRGAS contributions to the modeling of the Earth System (troposphere, ionosphere, seismology, oceanography and hydrography).
Presentation abstracts of no more than 2000 characters (submitted through https://app.ign.gob.pe/simposio/expositores/) are due on August 31, 2021. The presentation theme must be related to the aforementioned topics and will be evaluated by the SIRGAS Scientific and Executive Committee. There are two presentation types:
- Oral presentations with a total presentation time of 15 minutes; and
- Posters: available for download in PDF format, and will be presented orally in 3 minutes.
The 2021 SIRGAS Symposium is being organized by the Local Organizing Committee, composed by the Executive Committee of SIRGAS and representatives of the National Geographic Institute of Peru. For any questions about the venue please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This event has the support of the International Association of Geodesy and the Pan American Institute of Geography and History.
For more details, visit the event website https://app.ign.gob.pe/simposio/